Hmm, we’ll see about March. Right now it’s 16 degrees so I’m not feeling that spring is soon vibe. However, new good things in 09 are here!
1. Built by Wendy sample sale ONLINE
2. My manfriend’s wry wit on In The Wheelhouse’s podcast (he’s a special guest)
3. Kate Bush revivalism via Bat For Lashes’s new album Two Sons
4. Salon’s sort of sick but also very useful new blog The Brand Graveyard. Keep up with companies going out of business in a tidy way since there are many nowadays it is really hard to keep track.
5. Flight of the Concords+Gondry equals magic!
6. Leanne Sharpton’s bizarrly engaging biography of a bad relationship through shared objects: Important Artifacts and Personal Property from the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion, and Jewelry
7. Michelle Obama’s arm muscles on the cover of People this week
8. Carrie Brownstein and friends talk about love songs on NPR and suggest some Another Green World-era Eno–my secret is out!
9. Netflix Instant’s huge collection of BBC period pieces
10. Louis Garrel at BAM…as directed by Papa Garrell!
New March Madness (not basketball, literal madness!) music mix up soon, I promise!